From time to time issues can arise where the service MMPI would like to provide to our customers falls below our expectation. When this happens and a complaint arises we look at this as an opportunity to improve the service we provide to our customers.
The aim of MMPI’S Complaints Handling Policy is to handle complaints speedily, efficiently and fairly by adopting the following procedure:-
- All complaints are recorded and investigated by MMPI.
- When we communicate with you we will do so in plain English. Whenever and wherever possible we will avoid the use of jargon.
- We will accept both verbal and written complaints. However, we may request a verbal complaint be confirmed in writing to allow us to investigate it fully.
- We will try to resolve the complaint within 5 business days. Where we cannot do so we will write to you to advise you when we expect to have the matter resolved.
- Where we cannot resolve the issue within 5 business days we will assign a senior manager in MMPI to handle the complaint. We will advise you of the name and contact details of this person.
- It is our policy, whenever possible, to meet with customers who have complaints so we can discuss the issue with them on a face-to-face basis.
- Complex issues may take some time to resolve. We will provide you with a regular written update on the progress of the investigation of the complaint at intervals of not greater than 20 working days.
- Where the investigation is not resolved within 40 working days we will inform you of the anticipated timeframe within which we hope to resolve the complaint. We will also advise you of your right to refer the matter to the Financial Services Ombudsman or the Pensions Ombudsman and we will provide you with the contact details of the relevant Ombudsman.
- Within five business days of the investigation being completed, we will advise you in writing of the outcome of the investigation; the terms of any offer or settlement being made, as applicable; your right to refer the matter to the relevant Ombudsman and the contact details of such Ombudsman.
We regularly review complaints received to identify areas where change will enhance our quality of customer service.